Creative Virtual, a customer experience self-service solution for global enterprise, released the findings of its first survey on customer support challenges in the global market.
Top Goals for Customer Experience Management
With contact volumes increasing across channels, companies worldwide put customer experience at the top of their list rating several key goals as extremely important. The top five goals for EMEA are:
1. Improve customer experience (68%)
2. Resolve customer inquiries faster (55%)
3. Increase usage of self-service tools (40%)
4. Increase customer engagement (40%)
5. Reduce call and chat volumes to live agents (38%)
Results in North America were similar except obtaining better data replaced contact volume reduction as part of the top five goals.
1. Improve customer experience (79%)
2. Resolve customer inquiries faster (60%)
3. Obtain better data for measuring customer satisfaction (55%)
4. Increase usage of self-service tools (49%)
5. Increase customer engagement (40%)
“These sentiments provide insight as to how businesses are executing against their key goals as it relates to specific challenges within the customer support channel,” says Chris. “The survey explores how companies are responding by revealing how increased contact volumes fuel the need for a multichannel strategy, budget allocations, and newer technologies such as virtual assistants to manage the customer experience.”